Glassware Museum is one of the museums in Tehran. The building is a historical house from Qajar period and is located in Thirty Tir Street in Tehran. This monument was registered in the list of Iran’s national monuments on 7th of Ordibehesht 1377 with registration number 2014.
The building that is used today as the museum was built 80 years ago to the order of Ahmad Qavam (Qaavam al-Saltaneh) – minister of Ahmad Shah Qajar-and for his private use. The interior design of the building and the windows of the museum were made in 1977 by Hans Holien, the Austrian architect. Glassware Museum is the special museum for glass and clay. Qavam al-Saltaneh House or, in fact, Glassware Museum was built in two floors and 5 halls. Glasses and clays related to the pre-Islamic period are in the two halls of the first floor and works of Islamic period are put on show in the three halls of the second floor.