Sari is the provincial capital of Mazandaran and former capital of Iran (for a short period), located in the north of Iran, between the northern slopes of the Alborz Mountains and southern coast of the Caspian Sea. Sari is the largest and most populous city of Mazandaran.
Excavations in the Hutto cave present evidence for the existence of settlements around Sari as far back as the 70th millennium BCE.
Sari has an average climate. Winters are cool and rainy whilst summers are hot and humid.
Things to See in Sari
- Farah Abad Coast
- Gohar Baran Coast
- Darya Kenar Coast
- Khezer Shahr Coast
- Dehkadeh Aramesh Tourist Village
- Tajan River Park
- Melal park
- Zare’ Forest Park
- Salardareh Forest Park
- Dasht-E-Naaz National Park
- Pol-e-Gardan hiking trail
- Nemashoun Lake
- Lak-Dasht Lake
- Soleyman-Tangeh Lake
- Bam-e-Shahr Hill (offers a great panoramic view of the city)
- Qor-Maraz (natural spa, Neka)
- jamaloddin kola(damaneh kohe shahdezh)
Religious Sights in Sari
- Emamzadeh Yahya (son of Imam Moosa-ibn Jafar)
- Emamzadeh Abbas (son of Imam Moosa-ibn Jafar)
- Emamzadeh Abdollah, Koula
- Masjed-e-Jaame’ Mosque (constructed before Islam by Zoroastrians, where many important kings and heroes of Persia such as Iraj, Tur, Salm, Fereydun, Sohrab (son of Rostam) that Ferdowsi recalls them in shahnameh are buried near this place).
- Emam-Sajjad Mosque (formerly Shah-Qazi, initially was called Marqad-‘Ala-Adolleh School but Rostam Shah Qazi reconstructed it in 1169 and renamed it to Shah-Qazi during the Qaznavi era)
- Haaj Mostafa Khan Mosque (Sourteci)
- Reza Khan Mosque (Hozeh Elmiyeh)
- Molla-Majd-Addin Place
- Shazdeh-Hossein Place
- Pahneh-Kalla Place.